Traffic Stats

Sunday, July 23, 2006

My First Rant

I know I've only had this blog for a couple of hours now, and Im surprised that I have had nearly 20 visitors already, and 1 Comment. Thank you man! Comments are encouraging. I can't wait until the search engines index this and I'll get some more traffic.

Anyways, on to my rant, lets stir up some controversy here.....

Man the FLW Wal-Mart Series Striper Tournament sucks!

I was looking forward to fishing this tournament when I first heard about it. They were claiming $1,000,000 in prizes. I was excited, finally Striper fishing could become a sport that could earn the best fisherman a living. Largemouth fisherman have had this luxury, look at the top pros, making MILLIONS a year. Bass fishing isn't for me though. I'm not knocking those who fish for them, but I prefer Stripers.

The rules are pathetic, you can not keep a fish over a certain length. I understand the minimum length, requirement, but a maximum? Are these people stupid?!? There is only one state I'm aware of that has a maximum weight law, but they don't fish there.

People come to these tournaments to watch, they want to see the BIGGEST fish. How boring is it, when all the fish at the weigh-in are going to be around the same size. What's the point? I want to go catch some hogs. It is a catch and release tournament; yes sometimes the fish die, but since the Striper Tube has been introduced, it cuts down the chances majorly.

Another thing that I can not stand is the fact that the tournament is ARTIFICIALS ONLY! That's ridiculous, the only reason why I can think of is because Wal-Mart wants to sell their artificial lures. Being the great sponsor, I am sure they had a major influence on this decision. If I wanted to sling artificial baits all day, I would be fishing in the bass tournaments! There is so much skill in using real bait. Locating them, knowing which ones to use, cut baiting techniques.

So I think they are limited the fishing too much. Does anyone else agree/disagree with me here?